VISIT CHARLEY'S MYSPACE PAGE

Friday, December 5, 2008

Re: Keep your head up


I wrote this to a friend today, and thought I would post it. After I wrote it I realized it was probably more therapeutic for me than helpful to her lol...

I know what you mean. We're all still so young, but it's like we're expected to have everything together, know who we are and make it happen. Things don't work out, we pursue things that we later discover we never wanted at all, and I know I've had my fair share of what-the-fuck-am-I-doing moments — maybe for different reasons than yours, maybe not. Sometimes we do need to toughen up, but sometimes we need to go with the flow and let life do the guiding for awhile. I don't know which one of those moments this is for you, but I am not worried about you finding your way. You are strong, beautiful, gifted, and one of the most grounded people I've ever known. I know it's hard to see the silver lining sometimes, but whenever I get really discouraged with my music, when I doubt myself, when I wonder if this is what I really want, if this is worth it, I have to remind myself that I'm alive and I'm living NOW. Right now. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, not an hour from now, but now. And now is the only thing that is real. Just yesterday a friend of mine said to me, "The time is ALWAYS now." Wise words. So I switch my focus and start seeing the beautiful things that are around me. And there are always sooo many. I may not be exactly where I want to be in my career, but I can still write a song and sing my heart out, and I don't need any label executive to validate my talent or my passion because they are simply truths of who I am. Find the truth in your situation and things may start looking a lot clearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment