VISIT CHARLEY'S MYSPACE PAGE

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Just Act Natural"


I just started working on an EPK and tonight was the first night of filming. We shot an interview in the live room of the cozy recording studio, appropriately named, the Log Cabin. Okay, I don't know what it is about being in front of a camera, or just knowing that I'm being filmed, but it flips a switch in me and suddenly I don't know how to be myself! It's so silly, I mean how is it possible to forget how to be yourself, right? It doesn't matter if it's a home video, if I'm in a crowd of people or if it's just me in front of my computer ALONE in my room, I get weird lol. 

Other times I've gotten frustrated, even angry, but tonight I just had to laugh. And it's not that I get all nervous and fidgety, it's like I actually become another person. And this new person, she's nice and friendly and answers questions thoughtfully — but she's not Charley! Fortunately, everyone in the room was really cool and Andrew, who interviewed me, actually ended up making me feel more "myself" than I've ever felt in that situation. At least tonight, I think I might have shaken it.


No comments:

Post a Comment